Friday 16 May 2014

Flat for posting

Hi Crafters,
I have a lot of customers who ask for a card that is flat enough to send through the post. That means less than 5mm thick which by the time you take in to account the folded card blank and the envelope there isn't much scope for embellishments. Yesterday I blogged a flat card with a pattered paper background so today I thought I would make my own background pattern.
I started with a white piece of card and inked it with Distress Inks in Dried Marigold, Tumbled Glass and Rusty Hinge in a random blotch pattern. Then I inked my 'Secret Garden' background stamp from Justrite with Versamark clear ink and stamped over the card. I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the card and heat embossed it which trapped the colours of ink under it leaving certain parts of the pattern uncovered to be inked again with deeper colours. I then used Fired Brick where the flowers were exposed and Peeled Paint for the leafy areas.  Now I had a colourful, glazed background for my Tonic sentiment to be put on to which is still flat enough for the post.

I matted this on to some very thin cardstock.
Here is a close up shot where you can hopefully see the glazing.

Maybe I should have given it another coat of clear embossing to fill in the pitted parts but I liked the texture so I left it at that.
Hope you liked my little project today?
See you soon,

Lorraine

4 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Oh I like the texture too, it's a gorgeous background! Lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coops said...

so gorgeous lorraine.i love the rich colours and your background is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh now I do love the look of that awesome texture it looks fantastic a lovely CAS card
hugs
lorraine x

Karen Petitt said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lorraine - definitely no more EP as what you have created has wonderful texture - love everything about it! Karen xx